What is a "Dusty" ?
- "Dusty" is a term coined for bottles that sat on store shelves for years and collected dust. "Finding a Dusty in the Wild" is something "Dusty Hunters" across the US used to score quite frequently, nowadays after years of over-hunting and no new supply added to the pot this is much less common. "Dusty" bourbon would consists of "Glut Era" Bourbon from the 1980s through early 2000s but also from 70s on back to the previous Glut Era, Prohibition.
What is "Glut Era"
- "Glut Era' refers to the era in Bourbon History in which demand for the barrel aged beverage slumped to a point where the Whiskey aged in barrel longer than usual. This has happened twice thus far, once during Prohibition and again in the 1980s & 1990s.
What makes Dusties different than modern whisky?
- The Wood!! Until the 2000s or so American Whiskey was aged in barrels made from Old Growth American Oak... Trees were hundreds or thousands of years old and air cured for for 7-10 years before going to cooperage. The grain density is visible between old growth and new... This is not to say there is no more whisky produced but that 1 specific ingredient is extinct. Most distillers would also admit the average quality of grain was higher then as well, contributing to a more oily mouthfeel and perfumed nose.
When will I receive my order?
- We aim to ship same or next business day - from there in transit for 1-5 days. Please note that during our Soft Opening Period that dispatch times may be limited to once per week. If you need something be a certain date please send us a note.
What States do you ship to?
-We currently do NOT ship to the following states: Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont. We currently do not ship internationally. If you have a specific request please send us a note.
What if my order is broken or damaged?
- If there is an issue with your order please contact us as soon as possible. If the product arrives broken in transit we will offer a refund or replacement - if minor damage occurs during the shipping process we will offer partial refunds based on the extent of damage. PLEASE NOTE in regard to vintage bottles many have signs of wear and imperfections - wax topped bottles develop cracks over time - we do out best to make sure detailed pictured of each bottle are provided and kindly ask that customers view these pictures so they are aware of any issues ahead of time. Please also not we will require documentation before processing any refunds.
Do I need to sign for my order?
- Yes an adult 21 years or older needs to sign upon receipt.
Can I ship to a P.O. Box?
- No, we cannot ship to a PO, APO or international address
What Happens if my bottle leaks?
- We do wrap the tops of each vintage bottle to minimize any potential leakage to a very small amount. The reality is that old bottles are a risk to ship and can leak so the absolute BEST we can do is everything we can to prevent or greatly minimize it. So, in this case we cannot accept returns for leakage. If there is a case where a bottle leaks more than a very small amount (2-10ml) then we would offer a fair adjustment in the price and thus a partial refund or discount on future order. In regard to current release products it is VERY rare to encounter leakage, in this case we would still offer a partial refund but are able to accept returns or exchange.
Can I cancel my order?
- If you contact us BEFORE your item has been shipped and in courier possession then; Yes we can easily cancel your order.
- If you contact us after your product has been shipped then; No we are unable to accept returns except in the case of extenuating circumstances.